About the Role
We are hiring a full-time Chief Marketing Officer to head the company's online and offline marketing initiatives. Candidate must be based in New York.
The CMO will be the lead for Popinjay's digital marketing and growth strategy, customer acquisition, email marketing, and business development.
Key Responsibilities / Job Functions
- Responsible for facilitating growth via a comprehensive digital marketing strategy
- Heavy focus on online customer acquisition and basic know-how of SEO, paid advertising and google analytics
- Enhance our user experience online for conversion rate optimization
- Growth and acquisition via email marketing and email strategy
- Devise and execute compelling social media and email campaigns
- Create a consistent and compelling narrative around our brand philosophy and communicate it in all marketing materials
- Offline brand development through partnerships, events and other outreach
- Devise the company’s PR strategy, and develop relations with key press, media, bloggers and partner brands
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong technical know-how of digital marketing and customer acquisition
- Prior experience marketing luxury / high-end products
- A passion for brands, retail, ecommerce and artisan-made goods
- A solid understanding of the US customer (our primary market) and their needs and preferences
- Ability to work in a challenging, resource-constrained environment and take initiative
- Ability to wear different hats, be a self-starter and work beyond the job description
Popinjay has a competitive compensation package. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience, and can be discussed at the first interview.